Thursday, April 3, 2008

One hell of a narrative

I'm not much for reading about ships or remote rescues, but this story in the March issue of Wired magazine had me totally sucked in. I had things to do this evening, but I had to finish reading it first.

The premise is that a big-ass ship carrying a load of brand-new Mazdas tips in the North Pacific in July 2006 and this ship-saving team of experts get called to the scene. If they save the ship -- and don't get themselves killed in the process -- they'll score a boatload (pun intended) of dough from the ship owners and freight folks. If not... well, you'll just have to read it.

It has so many great elements: strong characters, use of dialogue, building of suspense, pacing, details like crazy to make you feel like you're there... it's got it all. I also like the way the writer ended each section.

It is a bit lengthy, so you probably want to print it out to read, but it's VERY MUCH worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment