Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Must-see

I swear I'm not making any money off this. It's the trailer for a movie that I hadn't heard about until I was on the web site of GOOD magazine (which does really cool info graphics) and saw an ad at the top of the page that read:

"Kick-ass narrative, surprising twists, heroes you root for and bad guys you despise ... the best caper flick of the year is a documentary. -- New York Magazine."

It's called The Cove. Anyone heard of it? Based on the description and the trailer, I gotta check it out -- for narrative techniques at least, if not the subject matter. I tried to put the trailer here, but it blew out the rest of the blog. So just click the link above.

1 comment:

  1. Terry Gross did great interview w/ filmmaker Louie Psihoyos and the activist Ric O'Barry, who Psihoyos followed for the documentary.

    I highly recommend it: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=111340010

    ReplyDelete