Saturday, July 18, 2009

Congrats, AASFE winners

From a Buffy e-mail: "hey gang, just got the winner of aasfe national contest. this is a major contest and very difficult to place in. we had three winners this year: Sue won third in the headline category (this is a first for YDR that I'm aware of), jen won honorable mention in narrative writing category and mike won first in column category. i have attached the complete list.

and for those of you who didn't know, melissa burke placed second in the religion news association's national Cassel's competition. this is the second consecutive year she has won this coveted award.

congratulations to everyone."

And from me: That would be the American Association of Sunday and Feature Editors. I second Buffy's congratulations, and recommend that you check out the winning entries here. Jen won for "Three sisters, five angels," about the aftermath of a fire in which several members of a family were killed.

I need help from Buffy or Mike about which Argento columns were entered. And from Buffy or Sue about which of Sue's headline(s) was/were entered. I'll post them here as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment